- Help children grow to their full potential
- Growing up doesn’t automatically result in maturing -> A warm and safe relationship with a caring adult is needed -> attachment is the pre- eminent need.
- 6 phased of attachment: Senses with mother; Sameness; Belonging & loyalty; Significance to be dear to someone and close connection; Love. Being known.
- No need for more expert programs to get more interest of students or anything, but need more attachment.
- Behavioral based resources to encourage better attachment
Author: Mrs Margriet Noot-Heijdemann
Educator and family counselor, the Netherlands
Margriet Noot-Heijdemann is married and mother of four grown children and grandmother of three. For many years she was a teacher for different age groups. Now a family counselor she enjoys working with couples, parents and children. She likes to draw on the Neufeld paradigm in her counseling with great lasting results. She also offers workshops with a variety of topics in the Neufeld paradigm which give insight in the essential role of attachment in maturation and help parents and professionals develop a succesful relationship with children, adolescents and partners.