Bergamo, Italy—UPF-Italy celebrated World Interfaith Harmony Week with an interreligious public meeting on the topic "Faith in Peace—Peace in Faith."
The meeting, which was held in the Auditorium Polaresco in the northern city of Bergamo on Saturday, February 4, 2017, attracted a large group of representatives from six faiths:
- the evangelical community Christ Victory Church Seriate with Pastor Samuel Tetteh
- the Islamic community of Bergamo with the participation of two representatives of the youth group and Saadia Jamal accompanied by Marwa El Joulani
- the Hare Krishna community in Chignolo with their representatives and Vasudeva Sri Lalita
- Sandro Oneda, representative of the Church of Scientology of Brescia
- the Sikh community of Bergamo with their Satwinder spokesperson and other friends of the youth group
- the local chapter of the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification (FFWPU), an organization that is affiliated with UPF, with their pastor, Adosco Comito.
The representatives took turns to express how their faith envisions peace. A spirit of sincere friendship and brotherhood formed as the different faith representatives spoke, and the audience was left with a sense of deep emotion and involvement.
The youth choir of the Bergamo chapter of FFWPU performed, raising the spiritual atmosphere with their harmonies. The presence of young people who showed interest in sharing and spiritual growth stimulated the desire to continue meeting and cooperating in the future.
The meeting concluded with a community prayer in which all present held hands and the song "We Are the World" was played.
UPF of Bergamo gives heartfelt thanks to all who participated and helped to make this event a living moment of sharing and joy.